Youths Against Human Rights Violations And Corrupt Practices (YAHVCP )
Choba, Port Harcourt, Nigeria
100 REASONS TO GIVE US IKEDI OHAKIM FOR IMO GOVERNOR 2015
The Youths Against Human Rights Violations and Corrupt Practices [YAHVCP] wish to make it clear that there is absolutely no reason why a single youth from Imo State should support Governor Rochas Okorocha’s re election plans. Owelle Rochas Okorocha has committed so much atrocities against Imo youths that we will stage an Arab spring demonstration against him with our votes in 2015.
YAHVCP is angry that a Governor who sacked a properly and transparently recruited 10,000 Imo youths from the Imo State Civil Service on the excuse that they were recruited at the tail end of Ohakim’s administration, would come up with a laughable idea of recruiting the same or a higher number of youths into the Imo State civil service barely five months to the end of his tenure. If Okorocha really meant well for Imo youths, the best he would have done was to ask for the immediate recall of the 10000 jobs beneficiaries. But Okorocha doesn’t care.. He is turning our orientation to the depraved mentality of the beggarly and slavish population of the docile. But the majority of Imo youths cannot allow such.
We in YAHVCP are placard carrying youths that speak against bad governance, corruption and human rights violation in Imo State and in Nigeria. YAHVCP is against military rule and fights for democratic rights. We campaign against casualization of workers, poor working conditions, and demands for a living pension and wage and defends the rights of workers. We stand for democratic trade unions with no privileged leaderships. We campaign against fee hike, poor studying and living conditions.
We are against victimization of student activists, ban of unions and other attacks on democratic rights. We stand for adequate funding of education. We stand in full solidarity with the struggles of workers and the oppressed. We fight against any government with anti poor anti peoples policies. We agitate for jobs for the youths. Our method of campaigning includes lobbying, petitioning, media campaign, rallies, protests, boycotts and demonstrations.
Since 2011, YAHVCP has been fighting against the anti poor and anti peoples government of Owelle Rochas Okorocha in Imo State. We wrote and sponsored more than 212 petition, articles/ advertorials in several newspapers, online media and blogs against Okorocha’s impunities to the extent that his government declared us wanted in Imo State.
We are sad that In Imo the man Rochas is the contractor, the accountant, the work foreman, the supervisor, the legislature, the secretary, and any and all there is to be. Imo has collapsed under such plan because no one has learned to do anything under him. He is LGA chairman and the head of community chiefs. He is the farmer, the farm, and the tractor.
YAHVCP is calling on PDP to come in and help Imo to wrest power from the current band of marauders in Douglas House Owerri and put in its place a working peoples’ government which will implement pro-masses policies as against the prevailing anti people, anti poor, pro-rich ,pro-imperialist cum capitalist and deceitful policies of Rochas Okorocha.
We say boldly that one man among the lot in PDP contesting for governor is the right candidate in 2015 that will correct this mess that Imo is into. That one man is Dr Ikedi Ohakim. We say this as a body of youths that have so much fought against Okorocha’s impunity in Imo State and we know what we are saying. It is about saving Imo State from bad governance. Imo must go away from the hands of this Pharoah and be free from this locust in 2015.
We are calling on PDP to give Dr Ikedi Ohakim the needed support so that he can re- introduce his vision that obviously led to massive job creation, youth and women empowerment, industrialization, solid road construction, rural development driven by democratically elected local government system and environmental cleanliness that made Owerri the cleanest state capital in Nigeria during his time. We the youths don’t want to stay another 4 years in Imo without jobs.
We call on PDP to unite and support Dr Ikedi Ohakim in the 2015 Imo Governorship Election with the following 100 reasons:
- Ohakim is the most popular aspirant among the lot and stands in a unique position with regards to Imo Charter of Equity as per returning of zoning. He is the only aspirant that his emergence will not affect zoning and the sensibility of Owerri people, he cannot contest for re-election in 2019
- Chief Ikedi Ohakim is one aspirant who can confidently boast of having a deep connection with the ordinary people of the State. As an immediate past Governor of the State who ran a government that was centered on the people, he has the edge of having the people at the helm of his campaign.
- He is the only one among the aspirants who can afford to move into any market in the State without security details and you will see the ordinary people forming a human shield around him and cheering him on without asking for anything in return. Ohakim has a way of identifying with any class in the society and making the lowliest know that they are as valued as the biggest in the society, and this has been working for him. His looks inspire the people, while his speeches are poignant enough to melt the stoniest heart
- He has the political structure in the 3 political zones in Imo unlike other aspirants that are only known in their constituencies. He has time-tested and well oiled political machinery that is one of the best in the history of the country. The New Face of Imo Organization (NFO) is one of the oldest and most vibrantly administered political machinery in the State, with over eighty percent of its officers still loyal to the political course of its principal.
- He has the charisma to attract enough funds for his campaign. His expression of interest and nomination forms were donated to him by the Imo State Artisans Association, while the Keke Napep Drivers Association has contributed immensely to the project of making him Governor. This is outside the huge funds which captains of industry, philanthropists and other top investors have thrown into the campaign.
- He parades an intimidating array of supporters that sends shivers down the spines of the incumbent Governor, who is quietly praying for the PDP to give its ticket to any other person outside Ohakim.
- The Imo State Artisan’s Association who donated the expression of interest and nomination forms to the former Governor boasts of about 5000 registered voters within its ranks
- Also various students associations in Imo, including the Okwu Uratta Students Association of Imo State University, Owerri, The United Hostels Association, also known as the Front Gate Alliance and several other students associations from across the State who are dissatisfied with the present administration in the State, have all declared their endorsement of the candidacy of Chief Ikedi Ohakim.
- Professional associations like the Lawyers for Change Initiative, which boasts of about eight hundred vibrant lawyers from across the State, have conveyed their endorsement for the candidacy of Chief Ikedi Ohakim as their choice for the 2015 election
- There have been unsolicited endorsements of Ohakim from non indigenes associations, Association of South East Residents in Imo, etc..
- The Keke Operators all owe their livelihood to Chief Ikedi who holds the record of having pioneered tricycle business in the State; both those who sell, those who repair and those who operate keke in Imo State owe Ikedi a lot of gratitude, and they are not being ungrateful. This set of people is at the forefront of the Bring Back Ikedi Ohakim (BBIO) project
- The ten thousand sacked workers are another formidable force supporting Ohakim. This is a set of youths who see Ohakim as a mentor and a benefactor because of the fact that he provided them with not just a job, but also the necessary security for their jobs.
- Ohakim’s promise to recall the 10,000 sacked youths to office immediately he is sworn in as Governor and the pledge to pay them a substantial part of the arrears of their entitlements, which are extra motivations for these youths who cannot trust any other aspirant as much as they trust Ohakim.
- Imo people are already convinced that Ohakim is a better alternative than Rochas Okorocha.
- Having being in power, just about four years ago, he has the records of the government in his fingertips, and he uses same to expose the ills of the present government every now and then and this has seriously kept the governor and his supporters on their toes
- While other aspirants will always talk about the things they will do when elected into power, Ohakim enjoys the special edge of making references to the things he did in his first term in office, comparing them with the low grade things the present administration is providing for the State and effectively making a case as to how he is the best person to do better, if elected.
- Ohakim started his campaign for the 2015 election from the day he lost the 2011 election. While the incumbent will enjoy the benefit of free publicity for performing his Constitutional duties, Ohakim gets publicity and sympathy with any of these duties that the incumbent fails to perform or the ones he performs, but performed badly
- Ohakim will debate Rochas project against project, standard against substandard, zero corruption against massive corruption
- Ohakim performed very well in his first tenure.
- He built solid roads and not China roads, not mere pouring coal tar on sand that are washed away by rain
- He addressed water issues squarely in Imo State by building 1950 water schemes across Imo including 4 regional water projects.
- He is not corrupt. He is free since he came out of Government in 2011
- He can fight Okorocha project for project,quality for quality,governor for governor,4 years for 4yrs,economic impact for economic impact, contacts for contacts, clean environment for clean environment ,political structure for political structure. None is better to jam the dragon (Okorocha) than a tested-hand.
- He is not vindictive and is a good family man, loving and caring
- In his first tenure money circulated in Imo state
- He gave Imo youths quality education and quality jobs, not Wili Wili scam jobs
- He did not lose the 2011 election. We know what happened in 2011.
- He created directly 10,000 civil service jobs for Imo youths and 30,000 non graduate jobs .
- He promised Imo youths to bring back the 10,000 graduates that were sacked by Okorocha as well as create additional 40,000 graduate jobs. We the youths need jobs.
- . During his tenure Imo State Oil Producing Area Development Commission ISOPADEC was functional and ISOPADEC built roads, schools, markets and water projects including paying of NEPA bills for the oil producing areas.
- He assisted PDP accordingly and is a loyal party man. He is not running anti party activities
- Supporting Ohakim means rejecting liars, mudslingers, rumour mongering and pull him down syndrome
- He never marginalized any zone or LGA in Imo both in appointments, projects and programmes
- He assisted Imo business men and contractors by awarding contracts to them.
- He built 27 first class and equipped health centers in Imo State
- He addressed the issue of environmental degradation in Imo squarely . During his tenure Owerri became the cleanest state capital
- He should be allowed to complete the 6 flyovers in Owerri across Orlu Road, Okigwe Road,Texto Road, Aba Road and Onisha Road
- He should be allowed to complete 3 inner ring roads, all township roads in Owerri, Okigwe,Orlu which are all designed and approved
- He will hand over to Owerri zone in 2019. Other aspirants will seek to do 8 years while Ohakim will do 4 years.
- He should be allowed to upgrade our University to world class University
- The choice of Ohakim will address the issue of anti party activities either by Okigwe, Owerri or Orlu
- Ohakim will reposition PDP and Imo State for actual rotation
- Ohakim needs to complete well thought out programmes for Imo to avoid the total loss of N200 billion projects to abandonment whose design and studies have been made and certified
- Acquiring landed properties was not Ohakim’s interest
- He knows the State government more than any other contestant in PDP
- Ohakim has things to show such as quality projects, world class projects and he can compare with Okorocha inch by inch
- Ohakim knows PDP in Imo inside out
- He knows Imo State inside out, village to village, ward to ward, projects to projects, traditional rulers to traditional rulers, 10,000 jobs beneficiaries, disbanded LGA officials, Entraco personnel, development centre coordinators, autonomous communities created by him, last state executive committees all totaling 400,000 votes that PDP can harvest in the 2015 election
- He is well known in all the nooks and crannies of Imo State
- All the 27 PDP LGA chairmen and all the 305 PDP ward chairmen and officials have adopted him as their governor choice for 2015
- The catholic revelation that he did not flog any Rev Father as revealed by Rv Father Mbaka has made him even more popular. People now know that he was falsely accused in 2010 and in 2011.
- The sacked LGA chairmen and sacked 305 councillors are supporting him as he has assured them a completion of their tenure.
- Let Ohakim complete the Eco foundation and blue print for Imo
- Let him commence building projects for others to take over
- We now know that Ohakim is the messiah and not Rochas Okorocha
- Ohakim has begged Imo people for forgiveness and promised to do better in 2015
- Do we forgive him or do we not?
- What did he do wrong?
- Did he build or did he destroy?
- Was he vindictive?
- Has any allegation levelled against him been proven?
- Was he found wanting in the discharge of his responsibility before and during the last election?
- Was he not deliberately castigated in other to destroy him?
- As a Christian, a family man, a delegate and party member cant we do something to address these human damaging injustice against Ohakim?
- For the interest of justice, equity, law and order, the 10,000 graduate jobs, our dying civil service, labour force, market men and women,dying school system lets bring back Ikedi Ohakim. Imo youths must regain their jobs.
- One vote at the primaries not given to Ohakim is a vote indirectly given to Rochas as Ohakim has the grass-root structure to knock out Rochas. This is an indisputable fact in Imo today zoning or no-zoning
- Ohakim has the capacity and advantage. Let’s use Ohakim to wrestle power out of the dragon and to continue the rotation
- Ohakim is a veteran
- He has advantage of leadership qualities
- He is known all over the villages in Imo State
- . He has political structures in the 3 political zones in Imo State(Owerri,Okigwe,Orlu) unlike other aspirants that are known only in their constituencies and have no structure
- PDP should harvest in 2015 the over 400,000 votes that Ohakim can attract from development centres he created, LGA former councillors and chairmen that are supporting him, party representatives and leaders from the 305 wards of Imo State to national level, autonomous communities and Ezes he created, lawyers and students who enjoyed his bursaries and scholarships, catapulted profile as a result of the revelation that he never flog a priest as revealed by Rv Father Mbaka
- Those in PDP who are today urging in-experienced aspirants on for the sake of money know the importance of second tenure
- Some of the PDP Governor aspirants are planted by the opposition so as to destabilize PDP
- Some of the PDP aspirants are former commissioners during Ohakim’s tenure. Can anybody know his mother more than his father? Let them collapse their structure to that of Ohakim
- . Ohakim has the best media team among the PDP aspirants and has been in the fore front in the quest for PDP to reclaim Imo State since 2011
- Once Ohakim starts his grass root campaign with facts and figures,Rochas will be knocked off in 2015 and Rochas knows this
- Owerri was declared the cleanest state during his tenure
- Having been a governor, he still commands a very high popularity in the state
- His name recognition is unmatchable by any aspirants in PDP
- He remains very highly liked in Imo
- He has the most intimidating political structures among all PDP aspirants
- . Let him come and re- introduce his vision that obviously led to massive job creation, youth and women empowerment, industrialization, solid road construction, rural development driven by democratically elected local government system and environmental cleanliness that made Owerri the cleanest state capital in Nigeria during his time
- Lets bring back Ohakim to help Imo to wrest power from the current band of marauders in Douglas House Owerri and put in its place a working peoples’ government which will implement pro-masses policies as against the prevailing anti people, anti poor, pro-rich ,pro-imperialist cum capitalist policies of Rochas Okorocha
- We want the 10,000 sacked workers back, we want the elected councilors and chairmen back, we want our development centers back , we want additional 40,000 jobs for Imo youths, we want our LGA systems back, we want our town unions back, we want Imo to work again.Ohakim is the answer
- We the youths don’t want to stay another 4 years in Imo without jobs.
- The painful thing is that after the blackmail and falsehood against Ohakim in 2011, the person who benefitted from the whole thing(Rochas) is dealing with the people of Imo as well as destroying the state
- Now, more than ever, Imolites are faced with many obstacles in everyday life due to the lack of democracy at the grass root areas of the state and due to loss of their jobs. They now wants Dr Ohakim back
- He is the only aspirant with requisite capacity to match the incumbent Governor, project for project, in the state, having served as a governor in the state for four years, just like the incumbent
- if given the PDP ticket he could guarantee the revival of the life sustaining projects and programs abandoned and jettisoned by the incumbent administration because he is the author and originator of these life sustaining
- Based on the sentiment generated among the rank and file of Imo electorates as a consequence of the maladministration of the incumbent in his vindictive dissolutions of tenured institutions of governance in the state coupled with the ten thousand graduate jobs, Dr Ikedi Ohakim is guaranteed at least four hundred thousand (400,000) votes from affected people of this class even before the real campaign starts
- the precedent established by His Excellency Chief Achike Udenwa of Orlu zone, makes it acceptable that Okigwe zone must complete her remaining term of four years before the governorship of Imo state is rotated to Owerri zone to complete the first cycle
- The revelations that Ohakim had never been in the same physical enclosure, let alone, flog Father Eustace Okorie as was alleged, have sparked an unprecedented movement in the nooks and crannies of Imo villages such that the tape of that man of God’s revelation has become the highest selling tape in the entire South-East. With the avalanche of sympathy created by the recent revelations, coupled with the return of all returnees,Ohakim will cruise to victory in 2015
- PDP will be the best for it, if they give Ohakim the ticket, because he remains the most acceptable among the retinue of Governor aspirants under the Party
- The entire 305 former councilors owe their emergence to him and are fighting for his return
- The town union chairmen and youth leaders in the 305 wards in Imo state are fighting for his return as Ohakim has promised to bring back the town union system in the state
- He has the capacity to fund a primary election and the capacity to match the incumbent
- He is not tricky.He keeps to agreement unlike some other aspirants that are not loyal to PDP.
- In a scale of 10 percent on popularity in Imo he score 9 percent
- Ohakim is the best among all the PDP Governor aspirants
National Coordinator :Youths Against Human Rights Violation And Corrupt Practices(YAHVCP)
Media Affairs Director : Youths Against Human Rights Violation And Corrupt Practices (YAHVCP)